Saturday, December 1, 2012

In which we begin

In the Christian liturgical year, Advent is the season of preparation for Christmas. It starts on the fourth Sunday before Christmas and lasts through Christmas Eve. I'm no longer a Christian, but the pattern of the year is still in my system.

I spent one December in Denmark, a land where people are seriously into Advent and Advent calendars. Not just the usual ones with chocolate inside 24 windows. There were lotto scratch Advent calendars. There were advent calendars for cats with cat treats inside each window.

 I started making calendars with envelopes filled with little gifts and poems on slips of paper.


And this year, I wanted to make an Advent calendar for lots of people.  So I will be posting one here, one day at a time.

 Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment